I started an online journal on the 19th of Mars, the start was because I wanted to learn from my feelings and experiences from being more or less in quarantine because of Covid-19. Little did I know that I would enjoy it so much.
Been a blogger since 2008 and have had a couple of blogs throughout the years. At one point I had 5 different blogs I was creating content for, besides that, I was also a guest blogger at other blogs, wrote articles for Socialmediaclub, and was one of many in the editorial team. In the past years, my online presence has mainly consisted of Instagram, Twitter, and rare blog posts.
I early set out to explore the possibilities to blog from my phone (Nokia N95)and did so with some success too.
Back to my journal now; a couple of things I learned from doing this is:
- Don't overdo it, keep it simple
- Develop routines on when to write and post
- Jot down ideas, a good idea is to always have a small notepad in your pocket
- Continuity is a key to continue journaling
- Make small adjustments to the journal
- After almost 100 posts I decided it was time for a newsletter. Where I can develop my thoughts in a longer scale and share other thoughts.
- My current format looks like this: I have a header in every post that is “Day x, in this journal” and “This too will end, and a new beginning will come”
- A footer that is “Be safe, keep your distances and wash your hands and take care of each other and your lil selves!”
Keeping it simple makes it easy to keep momentum, although I have a few days when I didn’t do any updates.
So just get started, enjoy developing and deepening.
Oh…. My journal is here: Journalings of Sporring
PS. It’s just a stroke of fate that I started it on the 19th, hence Covid-19